for Volunteer Hosts
Click on the information
Dinner Preparation Team
- All menus will be coordinated through a Meal Coordinator.
- Dinner should be a hot meal prepared in advance, and should be
served at 6:30 p.m.
Dinner and Evening Hosts
5:30 p.m.—7:30 p.m.
(at least two volunteers per night)
- May be a part of the dinner preparation team or may arrive to
eat dinner with guests and assist parents with children’s
- After dinner evening hosts may help families pack their
lunches for the next day, conduct an activity, assist a guest
with a particular need, help with homework, etc.
7:30 p.m.—7:00 a.m.
(two volunteers per night)
- *All overnight hosts will be coordinated through the Hostess
- One male and one female host spend the night with the guests.
- Overnight hosts spend time with the guests, play games with
the children, and are available in case of an emergency.
- Overnight hosts are responsible for waking the guests at 6:00
Set-up and break down
- Some congregations also need volunteers to set-up and take
down the guest room beds and other materials.
- Some congregations have volunteers who do the laundry after
each week of hosting. The linens are washed, folded and
stored for the next hosting week.
- Each congregation has leaders to serve as coordinators for the
program in the local congregation. The leaders are
normally called: Primary Coordinator
(overall leader), Host Coordinator
(overnight and evening volunteers), Meal
Coordinator (menus, cooks, supplies for kitchen), Supply
Coordinator (oversees material needs for program success
at the congregation), Activities
Coordinator (for children's activities), Donations
Coordinator (optional position for receiving
contributions that benefit the guests).
- Contact the leadership of your congregation to volunteer
during a hosting week.
To assist with guest transportation to
and from the Host Congregations utilizing the CIHN van.
to top of page
Our Network was begun with help
"Family Promise, Inc."
Interfaith Hospitality Network
PO Box 481
Fayetteville, NC 28302-0481